DOUG PORTER Q & A

from MAJOR MODEL MANAGEMENT N.Y.C. by






1 . Q) WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME?
A) Douglas John Porter
2. Q) WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
A) Mt. Shasta, Ca. Population 3500!
3. Q) YOU WERE IN THE NAVY? TELL US WHY? AND DESCRIBE THAT EXPERIENCE
A) Yepper, for four years. Part of which was spent aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, crew of 5500 people! I really didn't have a clear idea what I wanted to do after high school. I thought I'd go in for four years, save some money, see some stuff, and get the college fund. It was great for me. It helped to change my view of future possibilities.
4. Q) WHAT IS YOUR PET PEEVE?
A) Whining
5. Q) WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR? ACTRESS? WHY?
A) Ben Foster: The intensity he brings to his roles is inspiring.
I have been in love with Jennifer Connelly since the Labyrinth!
6. Q) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
A) The Dance, by Garth Brooks. Everyone should take a minute to listen to the words of that song.
7. Q) WHAT WAS THE FIRST CONCERT YOU EVER ATTENDED?
A) Diamond Rio at the Mount Shasta Resort!
8. Q) HOW DID YOU GET INTO MODELING? AND HOW DID YOU WIND UP AT MAJOR?
A) My mom always encouraged me to look into it. Towards the end of my enlistment in the Navy I went to a "Model Search" and went through the process. Such a long, long process to arrive at Major. Thankfully Jason was willing to take a chance on a guy that's a bit to big for traditional modeling.
9. Q) WHAT HAS BEEN THE BEST SHOOT YOU HAVE DONE TO DATE
A) Best?? That's a difficult question. It was great staying in a little hunting cabin in Scotland for Gant! Though last year when I shot W magazine with Bruce Weber, marked a big step in my personal ideals of what modeling is about. Since then I've been had several great shoots with some great photographers.
10 Q) WHAT WAS THE NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?
A) Not sure if he was my 'first pet' but the first one that comes to mind is Sarge, after Sgt. Slaughter. A mixed yellow lab.
11. Q)BOXERS OR BRIEFS?
A) Briefs
12 Q) FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
A) Margarita, on the rocks with salt! But I don't discriminate...
13. Q) WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN LOVE?
A) I have a lot of love in my life.
14 Q)CHEESIEST OPENING LINE YOU EVER USED TO PICK UP A GIRL?
A) My buddy and I once told a couple of girls we were brothers. Only thing we had in common, was being tall!
15. Q) FAVORITE CURSE WORD AND USE IT IN A SENTENCE PLEASE?
A) That's a stupid fuckin' question... lol j/k!
16. Q) HOW WOUDL YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
A) A bit goofy, and friendly.
17. Q) IF YOU WERE A TREE, WHAT KIND OF TREE WOULD YOU BE?LOL?
A) I would have to say a Redwood is befitting, very very tall and a California native!
18). Q)DESCRIBE YOUR WORKOUT REGIME
A) It changes every so often, but now I'm doing a lot of body weight exercises. Push-ups, pull-ups, and box jumps, but I still do some old school movements.